What is happening to the bees (and other pollinators)
Phenology and Bees
During this 1 hour presentation, the following topics will be covered:
• Are bees numbers declining, Managed vs Native
• European Honey Bees generalists, Native bees specialists
• Interaction between Bees, their food source and the climate.
• As keepers of bees, are we helping or hindering?
• Introduction to food and medicinal products from the hive.
• What role can I as a Gardener do to protect bees (and pollinators) in our environment
Presented by Mark de Kiewiet, a Texas Master Beekeeper and Master Naturalist.
Raising Happy, Healthy Backyard Chickens
Rochelle Rackham, a local rancher and an engineer, will present "Raising Happy, Healthy Backyard Chickens." Combining her knowledge about raising healthy animals and her engineering expertise, Rochelle has created a backyard poultry haven. She will share some helpful and valuable information for a creative approach to raising your backyard flock.
Basics on Backyard Poultry (Hens and Quail)
Maria Alaniz-George will present and demonstrate her expertise gained from living on a farm and from her eight years in 4-H raising meat and fancy poultry of all types, and current 4-H involvement with her children.